Designing a nursery is an exciting endeavor for expecting parents, but one item that can be easily looked over is the changing pad cover. While a changing table is likely on the radar for essential items, a changing pad cover for the changing pad may be a second thought. However, changing pad covers can be both practical and stylish additions that serve multiple purposes. So let's explore the importance of changing pad covers, how to use and secure them effectively, and how they can even add a touch of style to your little one's nursery.
Importance of changing pad covers
While a changing pad cover may seem like a minor detail in the grand scheme of nursery design, it plays a crucial role in maintaining a clean and hygienic environment for your baby. A changing pad cover can not only help protect the changing pad itself from inevitable messes, but it also ensures your little one has a soft and comfortable space during diaper changes. Changing pad covers are washable, making them easy to clean and maintain. Olli+Lime changing pad covers are made from cotton and are made to fit a standard 32" two-sided, contoured changing pad.
How to use and secure changing pads
While using a changing pad is simple, ensuring it stays securely in place is crucial for your baby's safety. Here's a step-by-step guide to using and securing changing pads*:
1. Select the right changing pad: Start by selecting a changing pad that fits snugly on your changing table or dresser. Make sure it has safety straps to secure your baby during diaper changes.
2. Preparation is key: Keep all necessary diapering supplies within arm's reach before placing your baby on the changing pad. This way, you won't need to leave your little one unattended during the process. Not sure exactly what you'll need? Here are some ideas to get you started, but don't worry, you'll figure out exactly what works for you and your little one as time goes on:
- Diapers (duh!)
- Maybe more diapers
- Baby wipes... and more baby wipes!
- Hand sanitizer
- Diaper pail with diaper pail bags
- Baby lotion
- Change of clothes
- 2-3 changing pad covers
- Diaper rash cream
3. Positioning the changing pad: On the designated surface, lay the changing pad flat and ensure it is centered and secure. If the pad comes with safety straps, fasten them tightly around the changing table to prevent any movement.
4. Adding the changing pad cover: Place the changing pad cover over the changing pad, making sure it fits smoothly and snugly. The elastic edges of the cover should hold it firmly in place.
5. Securing your baby: Always keep one hand on your baby while changing them. use the safety strap or the restrain buckle to keep your baby secure and to prevent any accidental rolling or falling.
Adding style to a nursery
Changing pad covers are versatile - they serve a big purpose but also can add a touch to your nursery. Uninspired changing pad covers are a thing of the past. Modern nurseries embrace style and individuality, and changing pad covers can help achieve that.
Olli+Lime offers changing pad covers in a wide array of colors and patterns, perfect for matching them to your nursery's theme or color palette. Whether you prefer black and white nursery design, or pastel hues, there is a changing pad cover to suit your style. All Olli+Lime changing pad covers coordinate with bedding and décor, so you don't have to go far to create a cohesive modern nursery.
Here are some of our favorites:
The changing pad cover is a versatile and essential nursery item that goes beyond its practical purpose. It not only ensures a clean and comfortable changing experience for your baby, but also allows yo to express your style and creativity in the nursery's design. Embrace the opportunity to choose a changing pad cover that complements your nursery's theme, adding a finishing touch to a special space where countless precious memories will unfold.
*Always be sure to check the instructions and information from the changing pad and furniture companies for most up-to-date safety practices.